- 300g Thomson’s Square Sausage
- 300g Pumpkin flesh roughly chopped, sweated off in butter and cooled
- 150g Stornoway Black pudding, roughly crumbled
- 6 Sage leafs, finely sliced
- 2 Elephant shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3 sheets of pre-rolled all butter puff pastry cut approx. A4 size
- 2 eggs yoke
In a small pan heat a teaspoon of oil and sweat shallots and garlic for 2-3 or until translucent and allow too cool.
Add sausage, sage, onions, garlic, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and begin to scrunch mixture to create almost a paste, once smooth stir in black pudding and pumpkin gently so as not too break them up too much, transfer mixture to a piping bag.
Lay the puff pastry on a cool clean surface and brush with the egg yoke, cut the end of the piping bag about the same size as a 50p and pipe 1 line of the mixture slightly off centre from left to right.
Roll the pastry over the filling and continue to roll until the filling is wrapped by 2 layers of pastry. Place on a baking tray with the join at the bottom, glaze with egg yoke score with a fork sprinkle with sea salt crystals.
Bake in a preheated oven at 190c for 22-25 minutes or until golden.
Slice into the portion size desired, Serve either hot or cold.